Sunday, November 20, 2011

As if Jarvis Jones was not already one of my favorite Dawgs

After the game today he was quoted in the Athens Banner-Herald

“I’ve got a long time around here,” said Jones, who increased his sack total to 12 ½, two shy of breaking David Pollack’s Georgia single season sack record. “I’m definitely coming back. I’ve got a great coach. Our whole defense is coming back next year so why would I mess that up?”
The whole defense would include redshirt junior safety Bacarri Rambo who has made no such declaration that he will return.
Asked about Rambo, Jones repeated: “Our whole defense is coming back next year.”
Who knows if he is right about Rambo or anyone else on the defense but you have to love how much he wants to apart of this team. He seems to love playing for Georgia and gives his all on every play. I hope he is right about Rambo coming back next year but for now I will just enjoy watching them all play together this season. Today's win was not the prettiest but because of the way the defense is playing the minute we went up by 2 you could just sense there was no way they were going to let Kentucky steal one.

No comments:

Post a Comment